Please note, docDIT, Inc. is an administrative and technology service provider that owns the docDIT Applications. docDIT has entered into contracts with the Practices, whose independent care providers provide mobile, non-emergency general adult and pediatric services. Among other things, docDIT, Inc. contracts with the Practices, licenses the docDIT Application to the Practices to provide the Practices with the capability to receive, respond to and schedule requested visits. docDIT, Inc. does not provide any docDIT care services, nor does it refer or recommend any physician or medical practice or any other docDIT care provider or personnel.
Information That You Give Us
When you create an account on the docDIT Application or enroll as a docDIT registered user (“Enroll”), or login to the docDIT Application or docDIT website to create a profile, comment on articles, or complete surveys, we collect personal information that can identify you (“PII”), such as your full name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and credit card information for payment. In addition to PII, docDIT may also collect your PHI or PHI of an individual for whom you are requesting docDIT’s services. For example, when you use the docDIT Application to transmit a request for docDIT’s services to be provided at your specified location (a request for a “Visit”), you will need to provide additional information about the individual for whom the visit is requested so that the Practices can assess the request and determine whether or not one of the Practices has an appropriate and available docDIT’scare provider (a “Provider”) to respond to your request. Another example of how docDIT may obtain your PHI and/or PII is when you grant permission for other third-parties to share your information directly with docDIT. This would include, without limitation, the docDIT Application’s access and synchronization of your PHI and/or PII with the Apple docDIT’sapplication and/or Apple docDIT’s Records.
Ultimately, the information that docDIT collects varies depending upon how you use our Services and what permissions you give to us and other third-parties that also collect your PII and/or PHI. We will not use any PHI for any other purpose without your explicit authorization, or unless otherwise permitted or required by law. You may revoke, in writing, any such authorization at any time, except to the extent we have taken action in reliance thereon.
PHI and/or PII Obtained from Apple Clinical docDIT’s Records API or through synchronization with the Apple docDIT’s application: docDIT does not use data obtained through Apple Clinical docDIT’s Records API or through synchronization with the Apple docDIT’s application for advertising, marketing, or other use-based data mining purposes. docDIT does not disclose any data obtained through Apple Clinical docDIT’s Records API or through synchronization with the Apple docDIT’s application to any third-party for advertising, marketing, or other use-based data mining purposes.
Get docDIT, Inc. does not have any independent access to the Practices’ detailed medical records that may be created as a result of a Visit. To the extent the Practices integrate any of the information you provided into the Practice’s medical record that is created as a result of a Visit, Get docDIT, Inc. has no authority to access, delete or modify any portion of the Practice’s medical records of its patients except as an agent of the Practices and in compliance with applicable law.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY ENROLL OR COLLECT INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN.
Please keep in mind that certain features on the docDIT Application or website may give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include forums, message boards, chats, creating community profiles, and rating, tagging and commenting on articles. When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location, docDIT’s issues, and email address, may be publicly available to others. We do not protect the privacy of and are not responsible for your disclosure of any information through these interactive features, including, but not limited to information that you might post related to a minor.
Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose anyone’s personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to information you choose to disclose through these interactive features. When an individual chooses to post information that will be publicly disclosed, he or she is responsible for all legal consequences. We are not responsible under any data protection laws for information that you voluntarily post on a site that can be accessed by others.
If you believe that we have violated your privacy rights, you should contact us at the mailing address or e-mail address provided below. You may also file a compliant with the government. See http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-compliant-against-business-or-company for more information.
Other Information We Collect.
Tracking and/or Analytics Services. We may use mobile application tracking and/or analytics services. These services may record unique mobile gestures such as tap, double-tap, zoom, pinch, scroll, swipe and tilt but do not collect personally identifiable information that you do not voluntarily enter in the docDIT Application. These services do not track your browsing habits across mobile applications that do not use the same services. We are using the information collected by these services to understand user behavior and optimize site performance.
Web Beacons. We may also use web beacons (invisible images often referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) in order to recognize users and assess traffic patterns, and we may include web beacons and cookies in our email messages in order to count how many e-mail messages have been opened.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We also collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information that is not docDIT’s information in the form of statistics and information regarding the docDIT Application user’s statistics and metrics obtained from third party devices (for example, steps, distance, calories burned, GPS coordinates, bat speed, hand speed, swing time, etc.), which may be combined with personal information you submit through the docDIT Application and/or Services so that you can fully enjoy the benefits of the docDIT Application’s tracking, monitoring, and diagnostic tools. We may also request the following optional information as part of your profile so that you can fully enjoy the features and functions of our Services: your weight, height, and gender.
Mobile Device Information. Your use of the docDIT Application may also include collection of information from your mobile device. For example, the docDIT Application may request your permission to collect location data and/or may request access to multimedia (photos or videos) stored on your mobile device. You have the option of declining collection of geolocation data, but this may limit your ability to participate in certain activities through the docDIT Application. If you do not wish for your location data to be shared with docDIT, please respond accordingly when prompted on your mobile device, or visit your mobile device settings. Multimedia will only be collected from your device if you affirmatively select it to upload to the application (i.e. you choose an image or video to store within the docDIT Application). Multimedia will not be shared with other docDIT Application users (with the exception of your profile photo, to the extent such feature is offered, which will appear in your user profile).
How We Use Your Information.
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided it including, without limitation, to enable us to process your registration, provide the Services or other requests.
- To transmit a request for a Visit per your request.
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us.
- To notify you about our products, services, and special offers, except that we will not use PHI for marketing purposes without your prior written consent for yourself or your minor child.
- To otherwise contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you.
- To enhance or develop features, products and services. To allow us to personalize the content that you and others see on the docDIT Application.
- To provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregate information about docDIT Application users and docDIT Application usage patterns.
- To allow other select companies to send you promotional materials about their products and services, provided that no PHI will be used for this purpose without your prior written consent.
We use non-Personally Identifiable Information for purposes such as measuring the number of users of various features of the docDIT Application, making the docDIT Application more useful to users and delivering targeted advertising and non-advertising content. We may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information (for example, statistics regarding use and metrics) for research purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to develop new learning tools and solutions and we may share such information with third parties, including researchers and/or advertisers, on an aggregate and anonymous basis. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the docDIT Application, track a visitor’s movement, and gather demographic information for aggregate, non-personally identifiable use.
Sharing Your Information.
We may share your information as follows:
- Visits: We will share your information, at your direction, to transmit a request for a Visit with a Practice. The Provider and/or other representative of a Practice may contact you prior to the Provider being dispatched to your location or to treat you virtually, to assess whether he or she is equipped to handle your docDIT’scare needs. The Practices’ treatment of your information is subject to the Practices’ own policies and procedures. Any PHI that we collect and save from you will be kept private and secure, as required by law.
- With Affiliates: We may share your information with affiliated companies and businesses, provided that your PHI will not be shared for any marketing purposes without your prior written consent, in accordance with applicable law.
- With Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our docDIT Application such as processing credit card transactions sending emails, fulfilling purchase requests, and data analysis on our behalf. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to you on our behalf. Such service providers shall be bound by appropriate confidentiality and security obligations, which may include, as applicable, business associate contract obligations.
- With Business Partners: When you make purchases or engage in promotions offered through our docDIT Application, we may share PII, but not your PHI, with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, and promotions. When you accept a particular business partner’s offer, you authorize us to provide your information to that business partner.
We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency where required by applicable law.
- When disclosure is required or allowed by law in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of docDIT, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the docDIT Application’s terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy, as required or allowed by law.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR USERS OF THE APPLICATION: IF YOU ELECT TO MAKE YOUR PROFILE (OR THAT OF A MINOR OR FAMILY MEMBER) VIEWABLE BY PROVIDERS, ALL INFORMATION THAT YOU INCLUDE IN THAT PROFILE MAY BE VIEWED BY PROVIDERS. YOU SHOULD NOT ENTER ANY INFORMATION IN THE PROFILE THAT YOU (OR ANOTHER PERSON) WISH TO REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL. A PROVIDER WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOU EXCEPT THROUGH THE PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE THROUGH THE APPLICATION. docDIT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RETENTION, USE OR PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THE PRACTICES AFTER THEY HAVE RECEIVED YOUR INFORMATION.
Confidentiality of docDIT’s Information.
The Practices and Providers may be subject to laws and regulations governing the use and disclosure of docDITth information they create or receive. Included among them is the docDIT’s Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), the docDIT’s Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health of 2009 (“HITECH”), and the regulations adopted thereunder, and applicable state laws. When docDIT stores, processes, or transmits “individually identifiable docDITth information” (as such term is defined by HIPAA) on behalf of such a docDIT’S care provider, docDIT does so as its “business associate” (as also defined by HIPAA). docDIT is prohibited from, among other things, using individually identifiable docDIT’s information in a manner that the docDIT’s care provider itself may not. docDIT is also required to, among other things, apply reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of individually identifiable docDIT’s information we store and process on behalf of such docDIT’s care providers. For more information regarding our treatment of docDIT’s information, please see our Notice of Privacy Practices.
How to Access or Update Your Information.
How We Protect Your Information.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to make all reasonable efforts to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the unlikely event of a data breach, you will be notified as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information.
Certain of the administrative, technical, and physical measures in place are as follows. docDIT’s infrastructure is kept in a secured data center that protects from unauthorized access to the physical servers, backups and any element used to store and/or process personal data. Only authorized personnel can access the data center. docDIT systems and databases are backed up regularly to help protect the data in case of an uncontrollable catastrophe. The data center that stores docDIT servers has policies and procedures in place designed to safeguard the equipment that our data is stored on. docDIT regularly upgrades its system software to include the latest security features. docDIT servers are protected by a firewall system, which is designed to keep unwanted traffic or access out of our computer network. docDIT also employs an intrusion prevention service (IPS) provided by a secured data center operated by a professional company, and uses security methods to determine the identity of each registered user, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called “authentication.” All communication between docDIT’s Web server, your browser and the docDIT Application is encrypted with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to guard against network eavesdroppers. Your password is internally encrypted in docDIT’s system to prevent unauthorized access to the system. Validations are built throughout the application to capture the most reliable information. Only the last 4 digits of your credit card number is stored on our servers.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
We support and comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18, nor do we share such information with third parties. Children under the age of 18 may not use the docDIT Application. If you seek a Visit for a minor, you will be responsible for providing information related to the minor and for paying for the Visit requested for the minor.
Links to Third Party Sites.
For California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Online Privacy Practices Act (CalOPPA) provide some California residents with the additional rights listed below. To exercise any of these rights, please follow the instructions listed in this section.
Personal Information Collected. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). For purposes of CCPA, “personal information” does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated information, or information excluded from CCPA’s scope (including docDIT’s information covered by HIPAA or the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act).
Contact docDIT at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org
In particular, in the past 12 months we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers (e.g. name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, passport number, or other similar identifiers)
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute, Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e) (e.g., Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, education, employment, employment history, financial information)
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law (e.g. age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, docDIT’s condition, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information)
- Commercial information (e.g. records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
- Biometric information (e.g., genetic, behavioral, and biological characteristics or activity patterns, such as fingerprints or retina scans)
- Internet or other similar network activity (e.g., browsing history, search history) Geolocation data (e.g., physical location or movements)
- Sensory data (e.g., audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information)
- Professional or employment-related information (e.g., current or past job history)
- Non-public education information pursuant to FERPA (e.g., educational records maintained by an educational institution)
- Inferences drawn from other personal information (e.g., profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, trends, behavior)
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what personal information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you with the Services;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights, including the free speech rights of you or other users, or exercise another right provided by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information. We do not sell any of your personal information.
Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against those who exercise their rights under this section. If you exercise your rights, we will not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, or provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
Response Time. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving a verifiable request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Do Not Track Symbols. We do not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers at this time.
How to Contact Us.
+1 830 876 5055 ( Phone support is available weekdays 9am–7pm.).